Mustard is a condiment made from the seeds of a mustard plant (white/yellow mustard, Sinapis alba; brown mustard, Brassica juncea; or black mustard, Brassica nigra).
The whole, ground, cracked, or bruised mustard seeds are mixed with water, vinegar, lemon juice, wine, other liquids, salt, and often other flavorings and spices, to create a paste or sauce ranging in color from bright yellow to dark brown. The seed itself has a strong, pungent, and somewhat bitter taste. The taste of mustard condiments ranges from sweet to spicy.
Species of Mustard
- Pale yellow or white mustard (Brassica hirta)
- Brown mustard (Brassica juncea)
- Black mustard (Brassica nigra)
Top Producer States in India:-
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
Export Details: –
- Variety – Black/Brown
- Grade – Standard
- Packaging – PP Bags
- Packing Size – 1kg, 5kg, 25kg, 50kg
- POL – Mundra port/Ahmedabad Airport (India)